- 34 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup cannabutter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, from jar
- 1 ½ cup fresh apple, peeled and grated
- your favorite Kind Tree distillate oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another large bowl, stir together melted cannabutter, eggs, sugar, buttermilk and applesauce. Stir in fresh apple.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Stir with wooden spoon. Add another 1/3 of flour mixture and stir. Add remaining flour and stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into a large sealable bag. Seal and snip the corner off one end. Squeeze batter into the cavities of a donut pan sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Fill each cavity 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full. To help donuts keep their pretty shape when baking, use a clean finger to gently even out the batter in each cavity and clean off the center knob of the pan. Bake at 375 for 12 to 14 minutes, until the tops of donuts spring back slightly when touched. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- For the outside coating, combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Using a pastry brush, cover each donut with a light coating of applesauce, or alternatively, dip quickly into melted butter. Then dip into cinnamon sugar and toss to coat. Let cool completely before eating, if possible. A second dip into the cinnamon sugar creates an extra crunchy coating.
TIPS & TRICKS
Want to learn more about infused edibles dosage? Click here!