Infused Simple Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup honey
- 1½ teaspoon ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon good-grade vegetable glycerin
- 1g Kind Tree distillate oil
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 oz fresh-pressed apple juice
- 4 oz fresh-pressed carrot juice
- 1½ oz fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz Infused Simple Syrup
- Ginger beer, to top
- Carrot greens, for garnish
- Edible flowers, for garnish
- Slice of lemon, for garnish
- Combine 2 cups water with 1 cup honey and 1 1/2 teaspoon sliced, peeled ginger in small saucepan. Bring to soft boil, stirring until honey is dissolved. Reduce heat to 160–180°F and add 1000mg Kind Tree distillate.
- Simmer over low heat for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and add 1 tablespoon good-grade vegetable glycerin. Cook for 10 more minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pour syrup into 16-ounce Mason jar through cheesecloth placed in a fine-mesh strainer to collect the solids. Let cool. Store in refrigerator; shake before serving. Syrup will keep in refrigerator for several weeks.
- Muddle ginger and apple juice in cocktail shaker. Muddle well to extract as much ginger flavor as possible. Add carrot juice, lemon juice and Infused Ginger Simple Syrup. Add ice, cover then shake for 15 seconds or until very cold.
- Using fine-mesh strainer, strain over Collins glass filled threequarters with fresh ice. Top with ginger beer, stir then garish with sprig of carrot greens, edible flowers and/or slice of lemon.
TIPS & TRICKS
Want to learn more about infused edibles dosage? Click here!