- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 ½ tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- your favorite Kind Tree distillate oil
- Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream, vanilla extract, and distillate together. Add more heavy cream to thin out if necessary. For thicker icing, add a little more confectioners’ sugar.
- Taste, then add a pinch of salt if desired.
- If not using right away, cover and store icing in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- This amount of icing is perfect for 1 batch of cinnamon rolls, scones, muffins, 1 cake etc. For a larger batch, recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- Heavy cream yields a thicker, creamier icing. Milk yields a thinner icing. Half-and-half can also be used.
- Flavor: Feel free to add more vanilla extract or even the seeds scraped from 1/4 of a vanilla bean. For lemon or orange icing, replace the milk with fresh lemon or orange juice.