LEMON SPLASH BLUEBERRY POUND CAKE
TAKES ABOUT 1 HR AND 20 MIN. SERVES 10 PEOPLE
RECIPE INGREDIENTS –
Developed using Kind Tree Distillate
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups + 1 teaspoon flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries (if using frozen blueberries, do not defrost)
- ½ cup butter
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Kind Tree Distillate Syringe
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle position. Coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, line the bottom with parchment paper, then spray again.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes while you proceed with the recipe.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups flour, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, toss blueberries with remaining teaspoon of flour. Set both aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and your desired dose of distillate on medium speed for 3 minutes. Scrape bowl, then beat in eggs one at a time well. Scrape bowl again. On low speed, beat in a third of flour mixture, then half of milk mixture. Beat in another third of flour mixture, then remaining milk mixture, followed by remaining flour mixture. Add the flour-dusted blueberries to the batter and evenly combine.
- Transfer the batter into pan and bake for an hour, or until the cake is golden brown. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together confectioners’ sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice, then let sit for 15 minutes. Spoon onto cake, and enjoy!
- Tips & Tricks
Make sure to zest the lemons before juicing them; you’ll need two large ones.
Visit a Kind Tree Cannabis retailer to try our Kind Tree Cannabis strains like our New Jersey cannabis strains, Pennsylvania cannabis strains and our Maryland cannabis Strains. Our if you need to look at our cannabis products like edibles, concentrates and marijuana pre-rolls.