STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CANNA COOKIES
TAKES ABOUT 50 MINS. SERVES 12 PEOPLE
- ½ cup of chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Kind Tree Distillate Syringe
- Add strawberries, lemon juice and sugar to bowl and stir well. Cover and soak for 10 minutes, then strain and set aside. Save juice.
- Mix together 4 oz of cream cheese with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and strained juice. Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper. Scoop 1 teaspoon of filling on to the sheet, making 12 cream cheese balls. Place into freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift baking powder and salt in with all purpose flour. In mixing bowl, cream the butter and desired dose of distillate with the two sugars until soft. Add the egg and vanilla extract to mixture. Then, slowly add flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Strain strawberries again, then add to dough, folding gently. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the cream cheese balls from the freezer.
- Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of dough, roll into a ball, and flatten into hand. Place cream cheese ball in center, and fold dough into a rough ball. Smooth and place on the baking sheet. Repeat.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20-22 mins until bottom is browned; top should remain fluffy.
- TIPS & TRICKS Using a little infused frosting is a great way take this recipe to the next level!
Visit a Kind Tree Cannabis retailer to try our Kind Tree Cannabis strains like our New Jersey cannabis strains, Pennsylvania cannabis strains and our Maryland cannabis Strains. Our if you need to look at our cannabis products like edibles, concentrates and marijuana pre-rolls.